Patients with special needs:
If you are a patient of record and are experiencing pain or swelling after-hours, please call our clinic at 415-502-8914. The answering service will contact the on-call resident.
Some patients prefer to be awake during their dental treatment and are well served by our general dentistry clinic. For those patients that require it, we offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas). Other patients have special needs that require dental treatment under general anesthesia in a hospital setting. Feel free to ask your dentist more about these options during your first visit.
What to expect at your first visit:
Your dentist will ask you about your dental and medical health and examine your mouth. Treatment options will be discussed and, when possible, treatment may be initiated at your first visit.
We encourage you to register online before arriving to your appointment. When online registration is not possible, please plan to arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
In order to make the most of your time with the doctor, please bring with you:
- Personal identification card (e.g. drivers’ license, state identification card)
- Insurance information
- Name and telephone number of your physician
- Recent and complete list of medications and allergies
- List of surgeries and dates
- Copy of recent dental x-rays within the past 5 years. Please contact your previous dentist well in advance of your first appointment with us as this transfer of records may take time.
- If a patient is unable to make treatment decisions on his/her own, appropriate documentation of the legally authorized surrogate (e.g. letters of conservatorship) must be provided at the consultation.
- Family members who wish to be involved with treatment decisions or who are financially responsible must come to the consultation visit.
- The caregiver/family member who accompanies the patient to the appointment must be familiar with the patient’s medical conditions, previous dental experiences, and oral home care regimen.
Questions about finances?
Please check with your insurance carrier to determine your coverage. If you have specific questions about your treatment fees, please call our clinic and ask to speak with the financial counselor.